New SPS District Club Scholarship Policy's Impact on Open Enrollment
The SPS District has recently announced new scholarship policy for before and after school clubs and activities. Our school principal and PTSA are working closely with the district and the clubs regarding this issue.
We understand that many families have been inquiring regarding when they can enroll in a club activity. We will open club enrollment once a clearly-defined scholarship policy for our families is established.
Thank you for your patience. When this issue is resolved, we will be making a school-wide newsletter and QAE home page announcement for open enrollment.
Enrollment Information (updated daily before all clubs open enrollment)
MUST-READ: Before enrolling in any before- and after-school programs, you must have read and agree to the following “Parent and Student Before and After School Club Policy”. The policy outlines expectations of students and parents so that we can ensure an optimal learning environment for all children.
Scholarships are available for families who are unable to pay for the activities. You may request scholarships on the registration forms or contact the club provider directly.
Registrations for the following clubs are open. Enrollment information for clubs is listed below in the order that the enrollment will close.
- Robotics Teams with Mr. Poole. Contact Mr. Spoole (Email: email@example.com) by Sept. 10, 2012 to join the teams.
- Unicycle with Mr. Rothenberg. Registration form can be downloaded here. End of Enrollment: Sept. 12, 2012.
- Language Classes by the Language Link, LLC. Register online here. End of Enrollment: Sept. 17, 2012.
- After School Hoops® by One on One Basketball. Paper Registration can be downloaded here. To maintain class size, please read the following section "A Special Note on Paper Registration" for registration instructions. End of Enrollment: Sept. 17, 2012.
- Art Club with Kids Create Art. Register online here. You will have the option to pay through PayPal or by check. If you choose to pay by check, please submit the checks to the envelope marked "Kids Create" in the school main office. End of Enrollment (including payment): Sept. 17, 2012.
- Animation with Clay Animation Network. Paper Registration can be downloaded here. To maintain class size, please read the following section "A Special Note on Paper Registration" for registration instructions. End of Enrollment: Sept. 17, 2012.
- Engineering with LEGO® by Playwell TEKnologies. The club flier can be downloaded here. Register online here. Online enrollment and payment are both due by Sept. 17, 2012.
- Art Club with Ms. Meg. Paper Registration can be downloaded here. End of Enrollment: Sept. 21, 2012.
- Chess Club by Chess Mates. Register online here. Check payment should be submitted to the school main office "Chess Club" envelope. Online registration and check payment are both due by Sept. 21, 2012.
- Drama Club led by Mr. Barlow. Paper Registration can be downloaded here. Payment check should be submitted to the school main office "Drama Club" envelope. End of Enrollment: Sept. 21, 2012.
Enrollment Ending on Sept. 10, 2012
Enrollment Ending on Sept. 12, 2012
Enrollment Ending on Sept. 17, 2012
Enrollment Ending on Sept. 21, 2012
The following clubs will open enrollment once school starts on Sept. 5, 2012.
- Investigating Mathematics with The Learning Studio. The Fall program flier can be found here. You may download the registration form here. Registration will be open between Sept. 5 to Sept. 21, 2012. Registration form and check should be placed into the envelope marked "The Learning Studio", located in the school main office, only during the open enrollment period.
- Debate Club with DebateAble. Registration will be open after school starts. Detailed enrollment information to come.
A Special Note on Paper Registration: (August 25, 2012)
After the August 30's Back-to-School Open House, you will find an envelope for either club that will hold the registration forms and checks in the school main office. On the outside of the envelope, you will find a sign-up sheet where you will print the student's name.
- If the student is in the "Registered" group (under maximum class size), please place your registration form and attach the tuition check (payable to the clubs) into the envelope.
- If the student is in the "Wait List" group (exceeding maximum class size), please print student's name on the sheet and email the contact person of the club (also labeled on the sign-up sheet). When a spot becomes available, you will be notified by email to turn in registration and payment.
- If the size of the wait list becomes large, PTSA will try their best to work with the club provider to open a second class so as to meet the needs the families.